Training Program Title
Preparing for Patient-Centered and Stakeholder-Engaged Research
CTSA Hub Administered
Training Program Description
Need to incorporate stakeholder engagement into your study, but not sure where to start?
Learn how to make your research patient-centered, and find out how engagement fits into your research process at Preparing for Patient-Centered and Stakeholder-Engaged Research. Thomas Concannon, PhD, Tufts CTSI’s Co-Director of Stakeholder and Community Engagement, will share his expertise and explain several models for engaging with stakeholders.
Digital Commons Disciplines
Cost to Access
Scientific Concepts and Research Design; Communication and Teamwork
- Define patient-centered comparative effectiveness research (CER)
- Describe the potential value of using Stakeholder and Community Engagement (SCE) and CER frameworks in your research
- Identify how engagement fits into the research process based on the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI), Deverka, and Concannon models
- Discuss the potential value of establishing a partnership with patients
- Explain how to make your research patient-centered
Clinical Research Professionals (other than PI)