What is DIAMOND?
DIAMOND is a collaborative discovery learning space for clinical research professionals (CRPs) and other members of research study teams. Training and assessment items included in the DIAMOND collection are searchable by competency domain and provide information and links to offerings for study teams working in CTSA institutions and their partners. The DIAMOND collection also provides access to a unique ePortfolio program that allows users to showcase their career development progress and encourage workforce development and connection.
Have feedback to share? Contact the DIAMOND group at .
What does ‘Competency-Based’ mean?
Competencies are defined as a specific set of knowledge and skills related to a topic, in this case clinical research. In 2015 the national ECRPTQ project defined a set of skills (or competencies) integral to conducting clinical research with the highest level of scientific integrity. Based on a model by the Joint Task Force for Clinical Research Education (JTF), these competencies were organized into eight domains. Learners who have completed competency-based training can show they have mastered the defined skills needed to complete a specific task.
- Scientific Concepts & Research Design (knowledge of scientific concepts related to the design and analysis of research studies)
- Ethical & Participant Safety Considerations (care of patients, aspects of human subject protection, and safety in the conduct of a research study)
- Investigational Products Development & Regulation (knowledge of how drugs, devices, and biologics are developed, tested, and regulated in clinical trials)
- Clinical Trials Operations (GCP) (GCP compliance, safety management identification and reporting, and handling of investigational products)
- Study & Site Management (knowledge required at the site level to run a study including site and study operations, but not including GCP)
- Data Management & Informatics (how data are acquired and managed during a research study including source data, data entry, and quality control)
- Leadership & Professionalism (principles and practices of leadership and professionalism in research)
- Communication & Teamwork (communication within the site and between the site and sponsor, CRO, and regulators. Also includes understanding of teamwork and dissemination skills )
- The title of the submission
- A description of the training or assessment items being submitted (up to 250 words)
- A list of keywords (select all that apply from a list)
- Confirmation that the item is publicly available (yes or no)
- Confirmation of any cost associated with the item (yes or no)
- The delivery method of the training item (in-person, online, combination of online and in-person, or other)
- Target learners (select all that apply: PIs, CRPs, MDs, graduate or professional degree students, post-doctoral scholars, community partners, or other)
- Learning level (fundamental, skilled, advanced)
- Is there an associated assessment (yes or no)
How do I use the DIAMOND collection?
A good way to start using the collection is by clicking on sections in the Competency Domain wheel. You can also click Browse or Search on the left side of the page to find items you’re looking for. Click on the title of an item to see a detailed description including information about cost, accessibility, target learners, learning level and more. Then click on Link to Training to have direct access to the training or assessment materials.
Do I have to create an account to use the DIAMOND Digital Repository?
You can browse the DIAMOND collection without creating an account. However, if you want to save searches or submit items to the collection, you will need to create a bepress account. Follow these easy steps.
1. From the DIAMOND homepage, click the My Account link that appears in the navigation bar at the top of the page.
2. Click the Sign Up link on the login screen.
3. Enter the requested information, including your preferred email address, first and last name, and password.
4. Click Create Account.
If you have questions, contact the DIAMOND group system administrator at .
How do I save my searches?
When you create a bepress account you will be able to save searches and use the Follow feature to stay up to date on content or institutions of interest.
I want to contribute items to the DIAMOND collection. How can I do that?
Once you have created a bepress account you will be able to contribute to the DIAMOND collection.
1. Click Submit Materials next to the Competency Wheel on the DIAMOND home page OR
2. Click on Submit Materials from the navigation panel on the left side of the page.
Detailed instructions can be found under Training Submission Guidelines.
What kind of information will I have to provide if I submit a training or assessment offering?
The DIAMOND collection includes an easy-to-use submission tool. There are a limited number of required fields, as well as additional fields that are optional for you to complete. Remember that the more information you provide, the easier it will be for users to find and use your training or assessment items.
The following information is required for submissions:
What is the DIAMOND ePortfolio?
Clinical research professionals (CRPs) often lack guidance in professional development planning. The DIAMOND ePortfolio offers a space for CRPs to demonstrate and document their current knowledge, skills and abilities. It can also be a space to help identify areas for professional development or highlight specific skills and abilities.